Wheat Loaf

February 11, 2015



This recipe was invented by accident, when I was longing for freshly baked bread for my evening tea and realised that I have extremely little yeast and flour at home. I was too lazy to grocery shopping. So, I use what I had and the laziness was abundantly rewarded. This irresistible chewy bread has been one of my favourites right from the first bite. 

1 loaf

5 dl (500 g) cold water
17 g fresh yeast
0,75 tsp salt
9 dl (600 g) wheat flour

Stir the yeast and salt into the cold water. Mix in the flour. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes.

Cover and leave to rise at room temperature for 2–3 hours. Pour the dough into an oiled bread tin. Sprinkle some flour on the top.

Cover and leave to rise at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 225°C.  Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 200°C and bake for a further 30 minutes.

Place on a rack and allow to cool. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 kommenttia